With the full-featured versions of our App, each product provides a link directly to your shop. This means that you can use eCommerce browser to entice people over to your online shop from your Facebook. Just like a nice shop window display on the high street. But! You need to do all you can to show off your products and remove barriers stopping sales so we would recommend the following:
There is no need for your wall to be the first thing a user sees on your page, as wall posts will automatically display in your fans’ news-feeds! If you switch the shop tab to be your Facebook landing page, this will ensure that your great products and offers can be displayed as soon as a visitor arrives.
To change eCommerce Browser to be default page:
- Go to the Facebook Page that you wish to edit.
- Click on the ‘edit info’ link near the top of the page.
- Click on ‘Manage Permissions’ on the left hand menu.
- Select ‘Online Shop’ (or whatever you have renamed it to) from the dropdown for ‘Default Landing Page’.
- Click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom.
Alternatively, create a welcome page that promotes a few items and encourages users to view the rest of your product catalog. You can create a welcome page, using our new FREE app, without the need for any HTML skills:
You can also make your eCommerce Browser tab more welcoming by renaming it from online shop to something that will encourage action from your future customers e.g. a gift shop might change it to “Great gift ideas” as people are more likely to click and have a look. This is done as follows:
- Go to your Facebook page, and click on ‘Edit Info’ (near the top of the page)
- On the left-hand menu, select ‘Apps’.
- Click on ‘Edit Settings’ under ‘eCommerce Catalog Browser’.
- On the popup dialog, change the name of the ‘Tab’ to whatever you want, and click ‘Save’, then click on ‘Okay’.